Concealed Fighting Handgun – Mesa, AZ
Concealed Fighting Handgun – Mesa, AZ
This Fighting Handgun Concepts course is perfect for defensive handgun carriers to develop handgun skills for the defensive gunfight. This is course is excellent for those who seek to refine advanced shooting skills and go far beyond where most training goes while utilizing your normal carry gear.
This course will be taught by Adam Winch, the founder of Defenders USA. Adam is a certified master firearms instructor, with almost two decades serving in both military and civilian law enforcement, and has taught tens of thousands of civilians, military, and law enforcement personnel over the last two decades. His extensive bio and credentials can be found here.
The curriculum is intended for those who have intermediate to advanced skills in handgun safety, handling and fundamentals. Above all, safety is of utmost importance to us, in addition to overall class progression. Fundamentals are not built into this course curriculum so therefore we request that if you are a beginner or novice shooter to please take a look into our Fundamentals or Speed and Accuracy options.
Of note, if you’ve not attended a previous course with us or do not demonstrate solid proficiency at the beginning of this training course, the instructor can and will, at their discretion, ask you to complete a short proficiency handling and shooting test that is standardized. If that test is not passed, unfortunately, you will not be allowed to attend the rest of the training. However, you will be invited to move into one of our Handgun Fundamentals courses at no cost. At the same time, the fee for this course will not be refunded. This is NOT a beginner level course.
Rio Salado Sportsman's Club
3960 N Usery Pass Road, in Northeast Mesa, 7 miles north of Highway 60 (Ellsworth Road Exit) .
We can also be reached via SR202 from either the Power Road or McKellips Road Exits.
GPS 33.488931º,-111.623838º Map to the Range RSSC Site Map
8:30 am to 5:00pm
Range Fee = $15
There is a Range Fee of $15 that will need to be paid in cash prior to the start of the training day, so please bring that with you and remit to instructor.
- Learn the stark realities of fighting with a handgun, and doing so from concealment
- Build effective trigger press, recoil management and sight tracking technique under high-speed shooting.
- Learn fighting mentality aids to help you through stress.
- Understand the context of and perform unconventional shooting positions.
- Develop skill in target acquisitions from distance and close quarters.
- Learn to draw from concealment and unconventional positions and how to safely present the firearm.
- Build a knowledge base of shooting from the ground in different positions.
- Learn the context and technique of shooting on the move.
- Learn about cover verses concealment and how to utilize both.
Items & Information Needed
- Handgun (or we have handguns available for free use or rent – depending on the model you want to use)
- 2 to 3 magazines (if a semi-auto or striker fire handgun)
- 400 to 500 rounds of ammunition
- Quality holster & sturdy belt IS A MUST. (feel free to call with any holster questions (NOTE: ***NO SERPA holsters or of similar design, NO collapsible holsters, NO sticky or pocket holsters, NO bra holsters, NO shoulder holsters, and NO purse holsters!!)
If you want to get a quality holster for before this class, we enthusiastically endorse Brent Hickmon of Haven Defense Co. (970-987-3471) for an excellent, custom-made holster. Brent is also an instructor with Defenders USA. He and his lovely wife make holsters on a full-time basis for incredible shooters all over America)
- Closed toe shoes.
- Eye & ear protection and a hat with a brim to the front
- Enough liquids to drink, along with any food desired. A short snack break will be taken so please bring snacks or lunch. Snack for 5-hour blocks. Full lunch breaks for full 8-hour days.
- KNEE PADS AND OR YOGA MAT IS RECCOMENDED SINCE YOU WILL BE DOING GOUND WORK IF YOU ARE PHYSICALLY ABLE.
Optional items & information
- Magazine holders
- A chair
- Anything wanted to snack on.
- Any sunscreen or bug spray desired or needed. This is an outdoor environment, and you will need to dress appropriately for the weather that day. Hand warmers for cold range days help a lot!
Feel free to contact us with any questions.