Fighting Rifle Applications – Cameo, CO
Fighting Rifle Applications
This Fighting Rifle Applications training course is a high-caliber course developed to help prepare and train you in efficient defensive fighting use of the AR-15 or other fighting rifles / carbine platforms that are within the context of reality.
This course is a one or two-day training experience teaching basics to advanced combat-focused long gun shooting and handling. Focus will be on concepts in rifle manipulation and fighting with a rifle within realistic defensive contexts. You will learn close quarters fighting as well as long range precision shooting. This course is filled with live fire on the range to hone your rifle shooting skills. Addressing legal, ethical and moral concerns related to using this type of platform will also be covered. We consider this course to be moderately physical and many students think it is a fun but challenging training experience. Overall this training course will push each student to develop expertise with the rifle, no matter what each’s abilities and limits.
Please note that day two has the opportunity for you to use your handgun, and we would love to work with you on this, but if you do not demonstrate safe handling of the firearm we have sole authority and discretion as well as responsibility to not permit the use of your sidearm. This is primarily a rifle course and not a handgun course, therefore we will not spend time teaching safe handgun use.
Lastly, the curriculum for day two requires you to have attended day one or be a previous Defenders USA rifle applications student.
Cameo Shooting and Education Complex Bay 6
934 I 9/10 Rd, Palisade, CO 81526
Brent Hickmon – NRA, Defenders RSO, Rangemaster – Master Level, Active Self Protection, Deliberate Coaching Instructor Certifications. His bio is found here. About
Course Objectives Day 1
- Learn firearms safety rules as they apply to the carbine rifle pattern
- Learn your rifle parts and functions
- Understand combat zero and how to zero your sights
- Understand sight offset and how it applies to target distance and size
- Develop a stable and repeatable rifle shooting platform that work with your body
- Learn rifle manipulations and efficiency in presentations
- Learn performance mental aids that are significantly important to your shooting
- Understand the context of defensive encounters with a rifle.
Course Objectives Day 2
- Review and build on concepts learned from Day 1
- Introduce more advanced movement and manipulations and handgun transitions
- Hone recoil management and sight tracking
- Build cognitive decision making skills onto physical shooting skills
- Take learned concepts into shooting on the move in and around cover
- Introduce some vehicle work and it's context
- Culminate the course with a high level shooting and cognitive processing shooting exercise
- Have fun and learn!
Equipment and Items Needed
- $20 Range fee in cash per day
- Rifle with optical or iron sights (zeroed in will save time, however not required because we will zero on day 1)
- Rifle sling (Preferably a 2 point sling is best. Utilizing single point slings is not recommended, especially for most contexts, but a convertible 1 to 2 point sling is acceptable.)
- 3 or more magazines. 3 handgun magazines if using handgun.
- 300-400 rounds for day 1 500-600 rounds for day 2 Rifle
- 200 handgun rounds if you are using handgun
- Safety Glasses
- Ear Protection
- Hat with a brim
- Cleaning supplies and gun oil.
- Closed toe shoes & shirt with closed front
- Quality holster & sturdy belt if wanting to utilize handgun on day 2. (Please feel free to call with any holster questions. NOTE: ***NO SERPA holsters or of similar design, NO collapsible holsters, NO sticky or pocket holsters, NO bra holsters, NO shoulder holsters, and NO purse holsters!!)
- Hydration and food and snacks for the day. (You will be given a 1 Hour lunch break will each day, but please bring lunch because the range does not have food options nearby.)
- A camp chair is also recommend.
- Sunscreen and weather appropriate attire for the day
- Any mag carriers or vests you wish to use, though these are not imperative to learning objectives
KNEE PADS OR YOGA MAT IS HIGHLY RECOMENDED FOR DAY 2 AS YOU WILL BE DOING GROUND WORK if you can.
- Remember to bring your $20 per day range fee in cash to be remitted to instructor.
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Adam: 970-986-0774 Brent: 970-987-3471
We look forward to seeing you there as you have a lot of fun and learn a ton!