Handgun Fundamentals – Cameo, CO
Handgun fundamentals is perfect for the brand new or novice handgun user who wants to grow, ability, confidence and skill in their handling, use, and shooting a handgun safely and accurately.
It is ALSO excellent for the veteran handgun user who wants to revisit the fundamentals to increase and fine-tune their skills, as the fundamentals are foundational to all good shooting. Even if you see yourself as a good shooter, you will absolutely learn in this class and it will change some or much of how you handle and shoot your handgun, causing guaranteed improvements that will surprise you. This is not a fast-paced class; it is a thoughtful, careful training session in order to build skill and confidence. We will focus completely on getting the basic fundamentals correct and repeatable for each shooter, with safe, efficient handling and develop accuracy as a result of good fundamentals.
Brent Hickmon – NRA, Defenders RSO, Rangemaster – Master Level, Active Self Protection, Deliberate Coaching Instructor Certifications. His bio can be found here About
Cameo Shooting and Education Complex Bay 8
10:00am to 3:00pm
Range Fee = $15
There is a Range Fee of $15 that will need to be paid in cash prior to the start of the training day, so please bring that with you.
- Learn firearms safety rules and how they apply to range and everyday use
- Learn basic handgun functions, manipulations and safe handling
- Understand sight alignment and sight picture
- Develop proper grip techniques that work for you
- Understanding trigger prep and press
- Learn fundamental performance mentality aids to help in your shooting journey
- Start understanding basic target diagnostics and applicable correction processes
- Have fun!
Items & Information Needed
- Handgun (or we have handguns available for free use or rent – depending on the model you want to use. Please arrange beforehand)
- 2 to 3 magazines (if a semi-auto or striker fire handgun)
- 250 rounds of ammunition
- Quality holster & sturdy belt (feel free to call with any holster questions (NOTE: ***NO SERPA holsters or of similar design, NO collapsible holsters, NO sticky or pocket holsters, NO bra holsters, NO shoulder holsters, and NO purse holsters!!)
***If you do not have holster, that will not be a problem but please let us know ahead of time. That way we can make the arrangements for you to use a handgun safely without a holster during this class.
However, if you want to get a quality holster for before this class, we enthusiastically endorse Brent Hickmon of Haven Defense Co. (970-987-3471) for an excellent, custom-made holster. Brent is also an instructor with Defenders USA; he and his lovely wife make holsters on a full-time basis for incredible shooters all over America.)
- Closed toe shoes.
- Eye & ear protection and a hat with a brim to the front
- Enough liquids to drink, along with any food desired. A short snack break will be taken so please bring snacks or lunch. Snack for 5-hour blocks. Full lunch breaks for full 8-hour days.
- Optional items & information:
Anything wanted to snack on.
Any sunscreen or bug spray desired or needed. This is an outdoor environment and you will need to dress appropriately for the weather that day. Hand warmers for cold range days help a lot! Notepad and writing utensil for notes
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Adam: 970-986-0774 Brent: 970-987-3471
We look forward to seeing you there as you have a lot of fun and learn a ton!