Date(s) - 08/16/2019 - 08/17/2019
Rocky Mountain Gun Club
This link allows one to register for the first 1.5 days of the 2.5 day “Defenders Series”. Below details the full “Defenders Series” but you’ll be attending the Friday & Saturday portions. If you later decide to continue on into Sunday, we can easily arrange doing so later, or you can attend the Sunday portion at a later date. Below is the instructions for the full “Defenders Series” but you’ll only need the information for the Fri. & Saturday portions.
The “Defenders Series” is 2 1/2 days of excellent defensive firearm training developed to help prepare and train the anyone in safe, effective and responsible use of realistic, defensive firearms use that fits the speeds of crime and attacks in America, the full Defenders Series. It is a 20 hour training experience filled with current laws and how these apply to you, use of force considerations, mental and emotional and legal preparedness for dangerous situations, defense of self, others and our homes, and hands-on firearms training using realistic defensive tactics and techniques.
This highly-acclaimed training also addresses many other areas, to include how to avoid a dangerous situation, what to do in the immediate aftermath of a defensive firearms use, tactics, best handgun, gear, and caliber selections for the defensive of life, long-term legal considerations, “Letter of the Law” vs. “Spirit of the Law”, emotional survival, all with extensive range time learning and honing realistic, defensive handgun handling and skills to survive the fight for life itself when under high stress. The “Defenders Series” meets and far exceeds all requirements for a Colorado Concealed Handgun permit (CCW) and helps any concealed permit holder to expertly increase their skills with a handgun for the defense of life.
The “Defenders Series” is excellent for anyone, from any skills level, from the very beginner to the already highly- trained individual. Armed professional attend this course frequently and consistently find they learn far more than expected when beginning the course(s).
The “Defenders Series” includes a series of five courses: a Concealed Handgun Course, Defensive Handgun Concepts, Defensive Fighting Handgun I, Advanced Handgun Concepts, Defensive Fighting Handgun II. By taking all five courses at the same time, you save 20% over taking each separately.
Visit the “Defenders Series” page for more details about this training experience.
Weekend courses are Friday evening through Sunday evening.
Friday: 6 PM to approximately 10:45 PM (This portion is the CHP/CCW Course)
Saturday and Sunday: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM’ish (end times could vary each day)
Classroom & Range Locations:
Rocky Mountain Gun Club, 545 31 Rd., Grand Junction, CO
What to Bring:
- Pen and notepad
- Food for a lunch and any snacks wanted for Saturday, as we are outside of the town of Kiowa and it would take too long to go get food.
- Enough water or other non-alcoholic liquids to stay well hydrated either in the classroom or on the range
- Eye protection (glasses, sunglasses, safety glasses, etc.)
- Ear protection (foam earplugs, ear muffs, etc)
- Three magazines (for semi-automatic handguns)
- A handgun
- DO NOT BRING LIVE AMMO INTO THE CLASSROOM!!
- semi-automatic pistols are preferred as they are the best weapons for the defense of your life.
- A quality holster for your handgun (***Note: Blackhawk Serpa holsters are banned from this course)
- 400 to 500 rounds of ammunition for your weapon (feel free to bring more, if you want)
- Shorts or pants with belt loops and a sturdy belt
- AGAIN, DO NOT BRING LIVE AMMO INTO THE CLASSROOM!!
We suggest dressing in long pants and shoes fit for somewhat rough terrain. We will be shooting in an outdoor environment, so dress appropriately for the weather that day. You may wish to bring sunscreen, rain gear, jackets, etc. Real life happens in all sorts of weather, so we will carry on unless there is lightening near by.
And please, did we mention? DO NOT BRING LIVE AMMO INTO THE CLASSROOM!
Terms and Conditions
Please read our Course Terms and Conditions page.